Cement Projects Get a Boost in Warmer Weather
Posted on May 21st, 2021 by Devine Bros
With the warm weather upon us, now is the perfect time to start planning your cement projects. With warmer temperatures, you can better estimate how much materials you will need for any project. So whether you are building a driveway or constructing a retaining wall, summer is the best time of year to get started on these types of projects.
There are many benefits to choosing late spring and early summer for your concrete projects.
Examples of Some Benefits:
- The increased temperatures make it easier to work with cement since it cures faster and dries quicker in warmer weather than in colder conditions.
- Summer is an excellent time for exterior work because cement dries more quickly without rain.
- Cement has an increased strength when it cures at higher temperatures than usual, making this the perfect season to do that heavy lifting on your patio or driveway!
- The days are longer, and there is plenty of sunlight to help get your project done quicker than before.
- Cement and concrete prices increase in winter, so you’ll be able to save money.
- You also have a better chance of getting away with not paying as much attention to detail because it will be easier to work outside.
No matter the season, one of the first things you should do when planning a project in warmer weather is select materials and plan out logistics. This includes storage, mixing, curing times, and types of products needed for each phase of construction. And, of course, you need to go with a cement material that you can trust. We here at Devine Bros. are here to offer just that!
Helping Norwalk homeowners improve their lives is something Devine Brothers has been providing to their customers for over 100 years! If you’re interested in learning more about our service or need supplies, make sure to get in contact with us today! For more tips & tricks, make sure to like us on Facebook!